Friday, September 12, 2008

How small the world really is.

Today was fun at work. I was doing my Ambassador duties with training. I had six people I was working with. One of the persons I trained was from an Island in Micronesia called Yap, google the Island if you are curious. Now we already have one person at work who is from there and that is a guy named Lawrence. I guess he let his friend Thomas know that Amazon was looking for temp employees. But the amazing thing is that Thomas is the third person I have met from the Island of Yap. The second was Lawrence and the First was a guy named John who worked at Amazon about 4 years ago. Lawrence kind of knows him but not too well.
I think I already mentioned some of the other people I have met at work from various corners of the globe. Places like El Salvador, Lithuania, Russia, Romania just to name a few. My best friend Eusabio is one of the ones from El Salvador. We have worked together for 4 years at least. Well one of his brothers came in and Eusabio introduced me to him. Well because I know a few phrases and can put a few sentences together I introduced myself in Spanish and was his ambassador also so the other day Edwardo asked me if I was from South America somewhere. He said I did not have the usual American Spanish accent. I laugh because I have been pegged as being from Mexico based on the accent I can put on my Spanish when I can speak a full sentence or two by a gal who was from Guatemala. I will never consider myself fluent but I guess I do well enough.

1 comment:

tamra said...

interesting story. it is a small world!