Saturday, May 30, 2009

End of an Era

Hi all. Yesterday marked an end to an era for me. It was the last day for the Redrock warehouse. We were there for only half a day and then it was lights out. There was only about 15 of us left trying to get all the last mionutwe things done.
I was helping get things ready to be loaded on to trucks. Thursday was when we sent out the last package from the warehouse. Yesterday the last truck was loaded up with sellable inventory.
Monday I will start my new night schedule. For the first week it will be 5 days of training, from 6pm to 2:30am in various departments and then the week after I will go to my regular shift which is Wed-Sat 6pm to 4:30 am. I look forward to it.
Lisa received some good news earlier thuis week. For a long time she was cut to just two days a week for only 4 hours a day. She recieved a call on Monday from her work and it look like she will get two more days added. So her new schedule will be monday and tuesday from 10am to 3pm. She will still work her Friday and Saturday 12 pm to 4 pm. This will be good for her since those times will be whne I sleep for teh most part. It will give her somethign to do while I try to rest.

2 comments:

kristin said...

Well, we are waiting to hear how things with the new schedule are going....are you used to a new sleep schedule yet?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to wish you the best on your transfer to Fernley and hope everything works out for you. I have had a wonderful time working (and hardly working)with you at Red Rock. Keep in touch, best wishes...
Linda Goslow
email: porkymonkeys@att.net